Summer Swim Lessons
OPEN REGISTRATION begins on June 17 at 10:30 AM. Online Registration will be available on this page.
The Waltham Boys & Girls Club is proud to offer quality swim lesson programs and offer a variety of classes to meet the needs of youth and adults.
Registration may be done electronically or in person. All swimmers 7 to 18 years of age must become Club members. The membership fee is of $20/year for youth age 7-12 and $5/year for teens. Please note, registrations will no longer be taken over the phone.
- Programs costing less than $100: Full refund less $10
- Programs costing $100+: Full refund less 10% of the program fee
- Transfers will be charged $10 administrative fee.
Only medical refunds can be given after the program has begun; however these will be prorated for lessons attended and a $10 administrative fee will be applied. (physician documentation required).
Registrations are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Once a program reaches capacity, you may choose to put your child(ren)’s name on a wait list. Placing your child(ren)’s name on the wait list does not guarantee space availability. If space becomes available, we will contact registrants based on the order they were added to the wait list. Wait lists are only valid for that program/activity-they do not roll over. We will only contact wait listed registrants if space becomes available. No payments will be taken for wait list registrations, payment will be due upon acceptance into the program/activity.
Lifeguard training will be offered in February and March at the Waltham Boys & Girls Club. The cost of registration is $325.
- Completion of 7-hour pre-course before start date. Proof of completion will be required. These materials will be made available after registration is completed.
- Candidate must be at least 15 yrs old on or before the last date of the course
- They must complete a 300-yard swim: 100 yd front crawl, 100 yd breaststroke, 100 yd either front crawl or breaststroke
- They must complete a 20 yd swim, surface dive, retrieve a 10 lb brick, swim it 20 yd back with both hands on the brick then exit the side of the pool. This skill must be completed within a time of 1 minute and 40 seconds.*
- Must be able to tread water for two minutes, using their legs only.
Goggles may be worn during the 300 swim only and not during the brick swim or any other portion of the course. The prerequisite testing will be completed during the first class of the session.
The Waltham Boys & Girls Club Tiger Sharks Swim Team provides a competitive, yet fun, environment for our swimmers. Our goal is to develop young swimmers so that they will continue to enjoy and utilize aquatics skills throughout their lifetime.
For more information, please contact Aquatics Coordinator, Beth Weigel at email@example.com